Arete Charter Academy

Skip to main content
Encourage, Engage, and Educate all students to learn and grow to their full potential, recognizing the diverse value of each child.
FAQ » Enrollment


How do I enroll my child? 

Please complete the “Apply Now” for the 2022-2023 School year to apply to Arete Charter Academy. Then complete the forms under “Enroll Now” to begin registration in the Pleasant Ridge Union School District. You will then receive an email to schedule an intake appointment.


What documents are needed to enroll?

All students are required to have the following documents:

  • Birth certificate, passport, certificate of live birth or other valid evidence of birth date.
  • Immunization record or Immunization Waiver.
  • (If your child has been previously enrolled in a school, Arete will request their cumulative folders, which should contain these documents.)
  • Proof of Residency. This will be verification of a service to the home address listed on your application. Some examples of acceptable proof of residency include: utility bill dated within 60 days, vote-by-mail ballot, mortgage statement, signed rental agreement.

Additional documents, if applicable:

  • IEP or 504 Plan

What is your Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Policy?

Transitional Kindergarten is the first year of a two-year Kindergarten program. Students must be 5-years-old between February 2, 2023 and Friday, March 11, 2023 to qualify for Transitional Kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year.


What is the last day of enrollment to be eligible to receive Instructional Funds?

TK-7th graders who enroll after that date will have their funds rolled over to the next school year and those funds will be released after the first 20 day meeting of the 2023-2024 school year. Eighth graders may join Arete after that date, but will not be given instructional funds.


What is the last day of enrollment?

The final day for enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year may be March 31, 2022.